We brew a lot of coffee. We think we’re pretty good at it. We think you’re good at it too. But, in case you need some help we’ve gathered our favorite brew methods here for you to try.
- Preheat your brewing vessel
- Weigh your ingredients
- Make sure your brewing vessel is clean
- Use water that is almost but not quite boiling
- Make sure to wet all the grounds evenly
- Rinse any paper filters with hot water before use
- Be sure to grind the coffee to the correct coarseness for the brewer you are using
- Fresh coffee will "bloom" which is CO2 being released as hot water hits the coffee
- To adjust strength change the grind, not the ratio of coffee to water. For stronger tasting coffee grind finer for less intense flavor coarsen your grind.